Apeks ATX Second Stage Regulator
Before the XTX range of regulators came along, the ATX models ruled the seas. The ATX is still available today and offers a fully balanced first and second stage with cold water capability (can be used in all temperatures including those below 10 C / 50 F).
Apeks ATX Second Stage Regulator Technical Details
- Pneumatically-balanced second stage results in smooth, easy breathing.
- The large purge button on the ATX is easy to operate even with thick gloves.
- The integrated venturi control provides a performance boost at depth while preventing unwanted freeflow at the surface.
- An extremely efficient exhaust valve improves the breathing performance of the regulator.
- A heat exchanger (patented) which surrounds the valve mechanism, dissipates the cold caused by gas expansion while drawing in the warmth of the ambient water.
- Overall Work of Breathing (WOB) Scores: Average 0.85 joules/liter
- Heat Exchanger for Freezing Resistance: Yes
- Integrated Venturi Lever: Yes
Apeks ATX Second Stage Regulator Review