Apeks MTX-R First Stage Regulator
The new Apeks MTX-R First Stage Regulator is based on the MTX, a regulator that was developed in accordance with the United States Navy Experimental Dive Unit extreme cold water test. Innovations in design mean that the Apeks MTX-R First Stage Regulator regulator performs in almost freezing water at a depth of over 60 metres, something that very few other regulators on the consumer market can boast.
With an innovative first stage design that helps to prevent ice build up around the diaphragm, the Apeks MTX-R First Stage Regulator is reliable, rugged and expedition ready.
Apeks MTX-R First Stage Regulator Technical Details
- A first of its kind, over-moulded first-stage end cap and environmental diaphragm to prevent ice build-up that could cause a free flow in extreme circumstances.
- Forged 1st stage body gives maximum thermal performance.
- Ribbed diaphragm clamp on the 1st stage ensures improved heat exchange in cold water conditions.
- Angled HP ports allow for optimal hose routing and transmitter fitting.
- Parallel turret ports allow for improved hose orientation.
- Heat Exchanger for Freezing Resistance: Yes
- Cold Water Use: Yes - Extreme
- Integrated Venturi Lever: No
Apeks MTX-R First Stage Regulator Review