Apeks MTX-R Second Stage Regulator
The new Apeks MTX-R Regulator is based on the Apeks MTX Regulator, a regulator that was developed in accordance with the United States Navy Experimental Dive Unit extreme cold water test. Innovations in design mean that the Apeks MTX-R Regulator performs in almost freezing water at a depth of over 60 metres, something that very few other regulators on the consumer market can boast.
With an innovative first stage design that helps to prevent ice build up around the diaphragm, the Apeks MTX-R Regulator is reliable, rugged and expedition ready.
Apeks MTX-R Second Stage Regulator Technical Details
- Pneumatically Balanced
- 40% O2 when new/ Can be O2 cleaned to 100%
- No dive Adjustment control - Reduced chance of Free Flow
- Protection from Impact damage
- Suitable for cold water
- Overall Work of Breathing (WOB) Scores: Average 1.75 joules/liter
- Heat Exchanger for Freezing Resistance: Yes
- Orientation Convertible: LH or RH
Apeks MTX-R Second Stage Regulator Review
The Apeks MTX-R Regulator Second Stage is a tough and super cold resistance regulator taken from Apeks' military spec range of equipment. It was developed in accordance with the United States Navy Experimental Dive Unit extreme cold water test, therefore excellent for cold water diving. Highly recommended for experience divers, diving in cold water.