Apeks XTX100 Second Stage Nitrox Regulator
Apeks Nitrox Regulators are suitable for use with up to 100% O2 and are colour-coded for easy identification. The regulators have been specially cleaned and assembled in our purpose built class 'J' (10,000) Clean Room using oxygen safe components and lubricants and are available in yoke ('A') clamp or DIN fitting. Sharing the same technical features with the higher end Apeks XTX200 Second Stage Regulator, the Apeks XTX100 First Stage Regulator is machined from a solid piece of marine brass, but finished in luxurious satin chrome rather than the polished chrome or PVD of the more expensive models.
Apeks XTX100 Second Stage Nitrox Regulator Technical Details
- Pneumatically-balanced second stage results in smooth, easy breathing.
- The XTX purge buttons are large and easy to operate. A 2-stage progressive purge is used - press the purge on the side for a lower flow rate, useful where more control is required such as filling lift bags etc, then press in the centre for the full effect of the purge, i.e. when regulator clearing etc.
- The large venturi lever has a soft touch rubber grip, which makes it easier to locate and use. The lever reduces the amount of grit ingress and therefore resists any possible friction giving a smooth operation.
- Easy-to-grip opening effort control knob keeps the diver in control.
- The second stage is manufactured with active protection against infection as all molded parts are produced with an additive that kills MRSA, protects against E-Coli, bacteria and fungi, and is also very effective against viruses, mould, yeast and algae.
- A silicone exhaust valve improves the breathing performance of the regulator.
- A heat exchanger (patented) which surrounds the valve mechanism, dissipates the cold caused by gas expansion while drawing in the warmth of the ambient water.
- Overall Work of Breathing (WOB) Scores: Average 0.70 joules/liter
- Heat Exchanger for Freezing Resistance: Yes
- Orientation: Convertible LH or RH
Apeks XTX100 Second Stage Nitrox Regulator Review